Bio 3058. Physiological Control Systems
1. Final Letter Grades for Biology 3058 Spring Semester 2015 are now posted on WebStac.
2. Final Exam median score is 47 out of 50 (= 94%). Final Exam mean score is 45.1 out of 50 (= 90.2%). PDFs of the exam questions, the answer key, and the final exam score distribution are posted on the course website; hardcopy printouts are posted in the NSLC lobby bulletin board. The deadline for Final Exam regrade requests is Tuesday May 12, 2015 at 4:00PM. Follow the instructions on the bottom of the answer key or your graded answer sheet for submitting regrade requests. Note that the deadlines for regrade requests for each of the 3 in-term exams have passed.
3. 50% of the total course score was calculated from the sum of the scores of the best two in-term exams; the score for the lowest in-term exam was dropped. This policy was described on paragraph 8 of page 1 of the handout and was announced on the first day of class. 50% of the total course score was calculated from the score on the final exam. Total Course Score median was 94 out of 100 (= 94 %); Total Course Score mean was 91.2 out of 100 (= 91.2 %).
4. The required text for Bio 3058 was the 13th Edition of "Vander's Human Physiology: The Mechanisms of Body Function" by Widmaier, Raff, and Strang. Vander 13th Edition will be also be used in Spring 2016 and Spring 2017 in Dr. Clark's Human Physiology course, Biology 328. For those who will be taking the MCAT exams, Vander 13th Edition will be a very helpful review of Physiology material.
5. Professor Stein is now taking applications from students with interests in being a Spring 2016 Bio 3058 Teaching Assistant. Each Bio 3058 teaching assistant will receive $1400 for the semester and will work approximately 140 hours as a Bio 3058 TA. Stein will acknowledge by return EMail each application when received. In early October 2015, he will review applications and interview selected applicants. He plans to make offers by late October 2015.
If you are interested in applying for a Bio 3058 TA position, please send Stein the following information via EMail mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Preference will be given to those with a grade of A or A+ in Biology 3058, with a WashU GPA of 3.8 or better after Spring 2015 semester, and with prior TA, tutor, and/or PLTL experience. Bio 3058 lectures will be given throughout the Spring 2016 semester on Mondays and Fridays from 12Noon-1PM in Brown 100. In 2016, the first lecture will be on January 22 and the last lecture will be on April 29. There will be 3 in-term exams given from 6:00PM-7:00PM on Thursdays February 18, March 24, and April 21. The final exam will be given from 3:30PM-5:30PM on Friday May 6, 2016.
TA responsibilities include--
This is an outstanding opportunity for those with strong interests in Physiology to strengthen their understanding of physiology by holding office hours, tutoring sessions, review sessions, and preparing class lecture notes. Professor Stein looks forward to hearing back from those with strong interests.